Now maintained here.
While there are quite a lot of restaurant options in this beautiful city of Mannheim, it’s not trivial to spot truely good ones. Although, I don’t explore food aspect of life so much but I would like to share few good places I know in the city to ease the life of new coming Mannheimers.
I am just a Ph.D. student in the city without much budget for food my list of far from extensive, keep that in mind.
- Instanbul Q1
- Large space, quick service, reasonable price, crispy doner
- Large space, service can be slow, cheap, fresh falafel
- Mensa at Uni Mannheim
- cheap for students
- La Loba
- Spanish Tapas bar
- Wide selection for tapas and some wines, each dish/drink is affordable, high-quality.
- Korean restaurant
- Small place, can be hard to find a table for more than 4 people
- Bibimbap is my favorite dish there.
- Pizzeria Papi
- Italian restaurant
- Music is little too loud, not recommended if you want to discuss deep philosophical topics with your friends
- Very good pizza, large portion, one pizza is enough to feed two Japanese people
- Ethiopian restaurant
- I don’t know their main dish is called but it’s very good and recommended for a nice small group gathering.